I didn’t watch Game 2 against the Clippers, and looks like it a wise decision, so no Quick Thoughts, on that game.
On to home against the Sacto Kings:
- Jermaine O’Neal missed his first game with a foot injury. Not a good sign
- The Warriors played defense again holding the Kings to 34.5% shooting. Lowest in the young season for any team in the NBA according to Rusty Simmons.
- Klay Thompson had a great bounce back game leading all scorers. Really, the GSWs got great contributions from all of their starters.
- Mike Malone wasn’t able to “outcoach” his old team and take advantage of their known weaknesses.
- Boogie Cousins was a non-factor. A HUGE factor in the game.
- Nice to win the games at home, your supposed to win. Especially against the Kings who handed the W’s some ugly losses in the recent past.